Stupid people exist. I'm tired of not calling them on it...

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

"I'm hot" says Paris

For those who are keeping up with the political ads, John McCain launched an ad calling Obama a "celebrity". In this ad he uses a photo of Paris Hilton for (I shit you not) less than one second. Well Paris has a FIT. Says that he shouldn't have used her image, and creates a parody ad for.....(Actually I have no clue WHY she formed a parody)

In any case, I'll be the first to concede that Paris' commercial DID hold my attention. But really, this is another example of my loss of faith in man-kind. Not that an ad could do that mind you; but rather the circus that has become modern politics. I still hold a minuscule hope that people will wake up one day and address each political area by what THEY believe is right, and not what the Republicans OR democrats think is right. But of course I'm slapped with a Republican on national TV saying "Well he's a Muslim so I'm for McCain.", and a Democrat who says "He was affiliated with Bush so I'm for Obama." **sigh** I digress...

This ad that was put out has no real negative value on this election, but sweet CHRIST Paris; did you HAVE to go make a statement over an image used for less than a second? All that happened was you were called a celebrity and your image was flashed in a political ad. Isn't that a step up from (not being called one but actually) being a whore on an internet video? If everyone promises to never use your face on TV or the internet (like you could stop THAT video being downloaded) will you kindly crawl up in a cave and die?

No comments: